Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Peek into the Past

I have been going through old pictures, putting them on facebook (very addicting). I thought I'd share some of them here. The first one is me as a baby. Wasn't I just adorable!?


These are my cousins (who were more like sisters as I grew up, being I was an only child) and I with our great Uncle Ilmer. Uncle Ilmer has since passed many years ago. He holds a special place in my heart. He lived with my mom and I for a time before he died.



Here's my kindergarten photo, my absolute favorite school picture of me (way before 'mall bangs', glasses and zits)!



Zach & I in 1998 at a His House retreat...we'd been engaged only a week or two!
Here I am, an official college graduate from Northern Michigan University! I have a BSW (Bachelor of Social Work) degree for those who didn't know. I've not used it a wink in my life since and I'm STILL paying on student loans! BUT I learned so much through my college experience and met some wonderful people (including my husband).
Posted by Picasa
This is Chatterbox and I a few years ago at a Mother's Day tea our church had. Who knows, it may even be on my blog from a few years ago!
And there are many other photos I've added to facebook. If you don't have it you gotta sign up! If you do, add me!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Great to see all those old pictures. Wow you and Zach look like "babies". Maybe one day you will put that degree to use.

DDanielle said...

You probably use your degree a lot more than you realize. Especially homeschooling. I on the other hand with an Environmental degree....oh boy not using it...working...but don't really need that college ed ($) for my job. Now that was a waste lol!

Shari said...

I think I have a photo of myself as a baby with the same background!! So funny.

Becca said...

Sounds like you got your MRS degree too. ;) I don't think education is ever a waste...every bit of learning helps to form the person we become...I don't regret going to college and now being a SAHM at all....my college experience was wonderful and helped make me who I am now.