Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Successful School Day

Today in school we had a great, successful day that just flew by! I was supposed to make a meal for my friend who had a baby but it is cold, rainy, and windy out that I cancelled (she lives at least 40 minutes away so was very understanding). I didn't want to take myself much less the baby out in that cold if I didn't have to! I was laying in bed last night listening to the wind howl and thinking how thankful I am that I don't have to go out in it, that I don't have a job to go to. I love to stay home, especially on days like today! So anyway, in school we wrapped up our plant projects, had some fun in history and even got everything else done! Amazing! And it all went so smoothly!

Here we have 'funny face planters'. They made what is supposed to be a funny face on the cup and it'll grow "hair" (grass). They may have to cut the hair! It was great fun for all!


I finally bought some white carnations and here they are in food coloring. I was going to use red but didn't have any. The yellow/orange flower is already changing color! And here I thought the blue would work faster considering its a darker color.

In history we talked about Queen Esther. Chatterbox got to have a 'makeover' (like those who were 'running' for queen) and I allowed her to wear a 'fancy' dress until lunch. She enjoyed getting all dolled up getting her hair done, make-up, perfume, jewelry and even her new shoes!

The boys got to make golden scepters like the king had but I don't have pictures because we had to let the spray paint dry and I never did get around to taking any.

When we were done with our 'normal' school work they all drew a colorful flower on a piece of paper with crayons. You're supposed to then take watercolor and paint the entire piece of paper. The flower will then be vibrant with color. It didn't quite turn out as I expected but they had a blast being allowed to paint (I even let them paint another picture).

So we had a busy school day and when I sat down to nurse Sweet Pea for dinner I felt like I'd ignored her all day! I didn't, of course...I fed her, changed her and even carried her around in the Ergo. I talked to her between lessons, but sometimes I feel like I really don't get much time (or always take it) to just marvel at the sweetness of a baby. So she and I 'bonded' before dinner preparations and now she lie sleeping in my arm. Sweet little baby.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kim said...

What a fun day. I know how you feel,like you don't spend much time with the baby, because the other kids consume so much of your attention. I felt like that too. Trust me, you're giving her alot of attention.

Becca said...

You are a very motivated teacher....cool beans! I too feel as tho I have no time for my baby or my other kids either....becuase Diana is so needy right now (always wanting to be held) I don't get a lot of one on one time with the others...talk about feeling pulled in all directions at once!

Choppzs said...

Wow sounds like you've been busy, but it also sounds like you have gotten so many things accomplished! Good for you! The baby is sooo cute! She's growing so fast!

Anonymous said...

I love the fun projects!
They make HS'ing worth it to me:)
I don't think I could keep going without them:) Good job!
Gina