Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekend Recap

Yesterday we drove to Omaha. Zach had to get some new uniforms and such...the closest base being Offutt. It seemed like a really nice base to us. Real nice, new BX. New housing. We were originally going to stay the night in Omaha and do some sightseeing but that didn't work out. It's really not that bad of a drive from here at all though. Isn't it funny how a 2-3 hour drive doesn't seem like much to us military folks!?!? We also were able to get a new cord for the laptop...you were right Amie- those suckers aren't cheap! Yikes! At Walmart we'd found a Kodak 3 in 1 printer for about $50 but it rang up as $89! After they did the price check we didn't get it! Speaking of, I need to look online and see what I can come up with. I am not going to pay a fortune for a scanner! I was going to walk back and check the sticker myself because there were a bunch in that area but my foot hurt too much!

I thought I was going to need to see a doctor but my foot is finally feeling better! Yesterday I was limping around like you wouldn't believe. Today I'm able to walk pretty normal again. I've got a nice bruise on my left knee, the left foot was real swollen and the right ankle is bruised!

We're supposed to go on a hayride/pumpkin patch tomorrow but its supposed to rain. I really hope it holds off until the afternoon or something so we can still go. We're supposed to go with some others but I don't think they're going due to the rain factor...if its dry I will venture out! Before we know it it will be too chilly to do it and the kids (and I) are looking forward to it.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I heard Offut was really nice too. Hope you get to go on your hay ride.

Anonymous said...

We took a 21 day trip when we moved here - so you are absolutely right about military families!
hope the rain waits till after your fun!
Gina

DDanielle said...

Not to sure if its just a military thing. After going to a college 5 hours away...and still being in state, then Chad having a daily commute that could be 2 hours one way any given day for over 2 years.... 2-3 hours is still in the neighborhood to us lol.

Beth said...

2-3 hours isn't a bad drive at all. We have done "day trips" with that drive. We liked Offutt AFB. We stayed at the FamCamp there for 2 days when we PCS'd from Alaska to MS.